Thursday 13 June 2013

Kadavar - Abra Kadavar

Kadavar are the soundtrack of my summer.


I know that's a bold statement to make when its only May, but on my first spin through Abra Kadavar I already knew there wasn't going to be a better soundtrack to hanging out in the sun and putting away beers.
When I caught the band live a couple of weeks ago I'd spent the day doing just that, and their set was even tighter than their vests. I was anxious to see whether their recorded output would measure up to their live show, and this new album from those bearded boys from Berlin perfectly captures their high-energy 70's-inspired hard rock.


Abra Kadavar is a distillation of all the things that people return to those classic records for, and is a perfect reminder of just how damn GOOD rock music can be. Grow your hair, grab a drink, and drop out this summer with a copy of this album on constant rotation.

Available on vinyl, as it should be heard, from Nuclear Blast. Get it HERE

Read my full review at The Sleeping Shaman...

No comments:

Post a Comment